- Do NOT use our IP address for security. It might change without notice.
Receiving Refund Notifications
When a refund is performed against a completed order, you can elect to have the system call a URL on your own site with details of the refund.
To activate the Refund Notifier, log into your SWREG account and select the Edit Your Author Details option. Scroll down until you see the following option :-
Enter the full URL of your callback including the http or https prefix. When a refund occurrs, the system will POST the details of the transaction to the specified URL, and collect the response (see below). To stop the Refund Notifier from calling your site, simply empty the field.
Security & Identification
- shop_id - You should check this to ensure it's for your shop the notification is being sent. You can also use this field if you have more than one shop and wish to use the same callback for both.
- security - This field will contain the security key which you have set up in your configuration page. You should validate this to ensure the notification has come from SWREG.
Fields sent to the Refund Notifier
- order_no - The order number of the order being refunded.
- notify_type - The type of refund being performed. (see below for more details).
- name - Customers full name.
- add1 - Street address line 1.
- add2 - Street address line 2.
- add3 - City.
- add4 - State/Province.
- add5 - Zip/Postal Code.
- country - Country.
- email - Primary E-Mail address.
- ccmail - Secondary or CC E-Mail address.
- telephone - Telephone number.
- company_name - Company Name.
- d_name - Delivery full name.
- d_add1 - Delivery street address line 1.
- d_add2 - Delivery street address line 2.
- d_add3 - Delivery city.
- d_add4 - Delivery state/province.
- d_add5 - Delivery zip/postal code.
- d_country - Delivery country.
- d_company_name - Delivery telephone number.
The following notification types are sent to the Notification Callback.
- full_refund - This indicates that a full refund has been performed on the specified order. The following extra fields are sent when a full refund occurrs (all values will be in the base currency of the machine).
- net_total - The total without tax/surcharge of the order.
- vat - The total VAT or State tax applied to the order.
- surcharge - Any surcharges applied.
- vpdq - This indicates that a partial refund has been performed on the specified order (a partial refund could be for the full amount of the order, or seemingly more than the full amount if the customer was overcharged) by an SWREG administrator. These refunds differ from the full_refund in that they are used for many different purposes and may not necessarily mean that the customer should no longer be able to use your product. The following extra fields are sent when a vpdq refund occurs.
- amount - The amount refunded.
- currency - The currency of the amount refunded (USD, GBP, EUR or CAD).
What your refund notifier should return
In order for our system to correctly identify that your refund notifier has been correctly called and the notification processed, it should return a minimum of 2 characters, "OK". Anything after this can be an informational message upto 128 characters long which will be written to our logs.
Eg. OK: Not my shop ID
What happens when an error occurs?
When an error occurs, or "OK" is not returned from the callback, an email will be sent to the Keygen Failure E-Mail Address you specified in your account details.