Localization Across your Store
The localization section of your store gives you the ability to localize many areas of your store that are visible to the consumer when that browser language is used:
- Product names
- Variation names
- Delivery method labels
- Your custom templates (requires GETTEXT wrapping and custom templates on version 2)
- Order receipt
- SWREG default templates
- Country name dropdown
- Region name dropdown
- Locale name dropdown
- Currency name dropdown
You can utilize a couple, all, or none of the above options and whatever you choose the feature will automatically go out and provide that information in English for you to translate. The feature allows you to manage all localization in one central area. Even if you utilize the SWREG default template localization, now you add additional languages without having to customize the template or can localize your product names for those languages. Or if you already have some templates translated, you can also translate the product names for those languages. The system is very flexible regarding the depth that you can localize your business.
- SWREG default templates, or
- Global templates set to version 2, or
- Custom templates set to version 2 and english text wrapped with GETTEXT
How does it work?
Choose the languages you will be localizing by selecting the "Add" button. Optionally you can select for the language to be shown on when certain countries are selected.
- Within each Browser Language you added, you will click "Edit" to set everything up.
- Then select "Export" and select the various information you want exported for translation via CSV or Portable Object (http://www.poedit.net/) format
- Provide the translation for that specific language for each line of English text (In the msgstr column in CSV), and then "Import" within the same area you exported it originally (Missing translations will not be imported).
- When imported you will see each individual section of translation and can make any final edits.
- Once you are satisfied with the translations, select the main "Localization" section in the breadcrumbs, check the language, and "Enable."
- Your localizations will now be displayed when a customer's browser language is set to that language.
Step 3: Repeat for other languages
- Within each Browser Language you added, you will click "Edit"
- You will upload your translated images (up to about 800MB) with the exact same file name in use on the order form for the English version.
- Your done
- When the browser reads that language for a customer our order form will display the localized image
You can also localize the windows that open with help text for customers such as the VAT window or the sales tax window. You will upload (up to about 800MB) the complete html for that window that the translation of the text. The file for that window must be identical to the file name of its English version.
The above file names are for the VAT help window and the Sales Tax Exempt window on credit card or offline orders.
- For updates to existing translations, you can just "Import" an updated file and those new changes will replace the existing ones.
- You can also manually add a translation under a certain Browser Language by clicking the "Add" button. You will need to know the exact English text that is in the system so it matches correctly, and is shown properly.