SWREG utilizes template versioning for customer and global template users. Our default order form will always be on the most current version, but custom or global template can be on a previous version. This versioning ensures updates to the order form do not impact the look and behavior of custom templates.
To determine what version your custom templates are utilizing go to Customizable Templates, select a specific custom template, and to the right of the file name there is a number indicating the version.
If you do not want to change to the newest version, when uploading your custom template please be sure to select the correct version. However, utilizing an older version does mean you might not have access to new features and functionality.
What are the differences in the versions?
- Version 1 (Legacy)
- Legacy version of the order form that has lower performance than version 2.
- No localization support.
- Many stylesheet dependencies.
- Version 2 (Live February 17, 2010)
- One stylesheet, easier to override.
- Localization support.
- Requires properly escaping commas.
- For example ###CONTINUE('[GETTEXT="Yes, place duplicate"]',###IMAGE(button_yes_place_duplicate.gif)###)###
- You will see the highlighted single quotations in the above example that are escaping the comma in the text for the image. This escaping lets the system know this is two arguments instead of three.