Look and Feel templates are are set of html files with tokens representing different elements of the purchase process. They are designed to allow you to use our secure purchase process with the look and feel of your own website. You can change a few or many of the templates to suite your requirements. See the token reference guide for a complete list of the tokens supported in each template.
On one of the pages you might wish to display the order number. As this is dynamic and is allocated by our system, it cannot be hard-coded. To get around this use ###ORDERNO### in your template. When the page is being presented to the user, this will be replaced with the order number.
When creating your templates, we suggest that you download the default template as a starting point. These templates contain most of the tokens you need for the process to work.
The purchase process is split into several templates, some of which will be displayed depending on the customers choices:
- Shopping Basket - Here the user can see which products they will be purchasing, the quantities (which the user can change), values and totals. They can also choose which currency they wish to use during the purchase process. You can bypass the shopping basket by using the global settings page, or by adding &bb=1 to the s.cgi command line.
- Customer Details - This page will then be displayed, allowing the customer to enter their name, address etc, how they wish to pay, and their credit card details (if paying by credit card).
- Single Page (Cart and Details) - This template is a combination of basket and customer details template.
Depending on how the customer will be paying for the purchase, one of the following pages will be displayed:
- Summary - This will be displayed before the Confirmation page and is a summary of all the information entered by the customer.
- Credit Card Confirmation - This will be displayed after a successful credit card purchase.
- Credit Card by Phone - This will be displayed if the customer wishes to pay by credit card by phone.
- EFT Receipt - This will be displayed if the customer wishes to pay by EFT or USD wire.
- Check Receipt - This will be displayed if the customer wishes to pay by check through the postal mail.
In addition to these, are are six more templates which may be uploaded:
- Error - Fatal errors (i.e. unable to continue the order) will be displayed using this template.
- Global - If you are happy with the layout of the default pages, but simply wish to have your header/footer on each page, then you can upload a global template which effects all parts of the purchase process.
- Pending - You can opt with certain critera to place the order in the Vendor Manual Authorisation queue when you can manually accept or decline the transaction.
- Duplicate - When the system detects that a customer may be placing a duplicate order this template is displayed and determines if the customer wishes to place a duplicate order.
- CSC Description - On the Customer Details template there is a what is this link next to the box asking for the CSC/CVV2 digits. You can customise the page show with this template.
- Recurring Terms - This page is used to describe terms for products setup with a recurring profile.
- Paypal Receipt - Template receipt has been replaced by the Summary Template
To start using templates, you must first upload a custom template file (.tpl) by uploading templates via the "Upload Files" task and assigning them a template and version. You can upload and preview as many "Disabled" templates as you wish.
To use your "uploaded" template(s) you must first mark them as "enabled", and then select which template you want as your default custom. If you enable only one template, this will automatically become the default unless you already have templates uploaded. The default custom templates will be used to layout this page during the purchase process unless the lang command line switch is used. Note, you may only have one default file per template.
For each uploaded template, you can assign a language string (alphanumeric string up to 32 characters). If you pass in 'lang=' and an active custom template with a matching langunage string is found then this custom template will be used instead of the default custom template.
You can see an example of a custom template by clicking "Examples" in the help link. This "current" template in the examples is what is used for the purchase process if this template is not enabled.
- Images - ###IMAGE(example.png)###
- CSS - ###CSS(example.css)###