We have a basic but useful affiliate plan at no additional cost to you
How it works
You pass the affiliate the same URL as you use now for people to purchase your program but with the variable a=fred12 added to the command line or PUT statement (where fred12 is the affiliate's name or code that you have invented). Note the URL must be one of those going to the shopping cart via https://www.swreg.org/cgi-bin/s.cgi?
You determine what the value of the variable is so you might have a cgi program on your own website creating a database of affiliate names and addresses and issuing the URLs with personalised "a=" variables according to some rule of your own.
A typical URL might be - replace 'usd' with 'gbp' or 'euro' as appropiate in all these links:
The first time someone creates an order using the URL with such a variable we automatically create the affiliate account (Or, you may create it ahead of time).
If you want to allow the affiliate to have direct access to reporting, you must set a password for their account first.
Creating a password
- Login to your account
- Go to "Affiliate Management"
- Select the "Affiliate ID" in the list
- Click "Set Password"
- Enter a password and click "Save"
His login is the same you have entered as a= and his password is set to the value you set above. He can change his password any time after loggin in to his reporting area.
Affiliate login link
Your existing tab delimited report will show any sales broken down by affiliate so you will be able to analyse the sale in a spreadsheet or database manager.
The affiliate can reset his own password by clicking on "Change Password" link in his reporting area. Or, you can reset it for him through "Affiliate Management" in your vendor area.
We can pay your affiliates
Please log in to your SWREG control panel and select "Pay Third Parties". You can pay other people by ACH, BACS, local cheque in over 30 currencies, wire transfer in any currency, another SWREG account or Paypal. This can be done by manual entry or using a batch file.
Payments must be set up by Monday night for payment requests each Tuesday or they get added to the following week's batch.
You will need to change your account to "Manual Payments" to avoid all your money being sent to you before you can pay other people.
Recurring or Subscription Orders
Affiliates may selectively be paid for recurring or subscription orders. To select this option, login to the SWREG control panel and select "Configuration." In the "Setting" area, "Affiliate Tracking," make your selection accordingly.
Affiliate ManagementWe recently made changes to provide more control over affiliate's access to reporting and improve securing your data.
Definitions of columns in the list:
- Affiliate ID - Your identifier for the affiliate passed in the "a" parameter, and the "username" for the Affiliate to access reporting.
- Disabled - Commerce will no longer accept new orders and it will prevent the Affiliate from login into reporting.
- Enabled - Commerce will accept new orders and the Affiliate can login into reporting if a password is set.
- Has Password - Indicates if the affiliate has a password set. If value is "No," the affiliate will not be able to login.
- Last Login - Provides date when affiliate last logged into reporting area.
- Created - The date which the affiliate was created in SWREG.